Sunday, March 10, 2013

You're one in a melon - KIS9 and Less is More110

Good morning and Happy Sunday!  I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  It is a damp and rainy day here in Chicago, melting away the foot of snow we had earlier in the week.  Our backyard is like a swamp!  I keep reminding myself Spring is on it's way! :)

This card was created based off of this week's theme at Keep It Simple (KIS) - fruit,  and Less is More - a one layer card using spots and stripes.  Oh my goodness that is a challenge for me!
I have never made a one layer card - talk about nerve-racking!
Needless to say, it was a trial and error project! ;)

Cardstock, stamps and ink from PTI, baker's twine from The Twinery and misc. pearl adhesives.

Thanks for taking a peek - off to post my card!  Enjoy your day - Cathy xxx :)

9 comments:

  1. Wow, I would not have thought that this is a one layer card at first sight. Great card and summery colors! thanks for joining us at kis!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific implementation of the theme! Love the sentiment and melon seeds!
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Cathy, fabulous card for this challenge, at the first sight you think in several layers but it's stamping!!!great idea and clever desing.
    Hugs from Palma de Mallorca Spain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola Kathy, thank you for your very kind comment on my blog about my cupcake:D.
    Hugs from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute way to add the dots and stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on being brave and tackling a one layer card!
    It's a super job!
    Thanks so much for joining us this time.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card - I love the funny sentiment!
    It was worth doing all this trial and error, the result is awesome.
    Thanks for joining us at KEEP IT SIMPLE!,
    smiles, Mia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a peek and dropping me a line! Your comments are so greatly appreciated and always make my day. Have a wonderful day and keep creating! :)

Total Pageviews