Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Valentine! - FTTC103

It's two days after the big storm, and the cul-de-sac that we are in was finally plowed out.  I have to say....I don't mind being "snowed-in".  It gave me a chance to play along with some challenges that I wouldn't necessarily be able to fit in! :)

This card was created off of this week's challenge at Flourishes.  The challenge was to create a card with a Valentine theme.  I decided to create something with somewhat non-traditional Valentine colors.  Hope you like it! :)

DP's from Graphic45 and My Mind's Eye, vintage postcard image from Etsy, twine, buttons and rubberstamped vine image from PTI,  paper flower from Michaels, vintage ricrac scrap and paper doily altered with GlimmerMist and decorative pins.

Thanks for taking a peek - enjoy your evening!  Cathy xx :)

9 comments:

  1. This is such a superb card, wow. Love it! The vintage flare is just right for a Valentines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, love how you used the post card and your color palette is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so Pretty! Love the vintage, shabby style you have going on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well like it is a bit of an understatement; this beauty just took my breath away. It happened before when I visited your blog :)
    I am not a "red type of person" and these colors are right up my alley... I love them! Papers from Graphic 45 are giving a theme as romantic as Valentine a soft, serene, dreamy and elegant look. And that way you put it all together...gorgeous!! Stunning embellishments; that flower is the icing on the cake/card :)!
    Snow can be very inconvenient and cause a lot of trouble but it was a great opportunity for you to create this beauty. Did I tell you that I love it? :)
    Keep safe; stay warm. It's weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I especially love how you have captured the colour of the paper flower to match the flowers on the vintage postcard….very pretty and feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GASP Cathy! This is over the top GORGEOUS! Totally love your Valentine card! Perfect design! Thank you for joining us at the FTTC this week! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a peek and dropping me a line! Your comments are so greatly appreciated and always make my day. Have a wonderful day and keep creating! :)

Total Pageviews