Sunday, November 22, 2009

Tis the Season

Tis the Season.........everywhere I go, there are signs of the upcoming holiday season. Every year retail starts decorating and preparing for the holiday earlier and earlier. Christmas music has already started on the radio and commercials on the TV - why is everyone in such a rush to begin the holiday season? It used to be that the stores and the radio would begin the day after Thanksgiving - now it's the day after Halloween! People wonder why we are so stressed out! :)

Christmas should be something that is a slow buildup. A day to look forward to, a day to celebrate. I think people as a whole have forgotten the true meaning of Christmas. Maybe with the economy being what it is - we won't have the money to spoil our children with and focus on what Christmas is truly about. That's not to say that there won't be any gifts under the tree for my kids, but they certainly aren't going to have the Christmas that they have in the past. They understand that because they are older. They also understand that, we are fortunate to have our jobs, a roof over our heads, and food on the table. We are one of the lucky ones. I am also going to look into doing something for someone who is less fortunate. A family of little ones that will be looking forward to Santa coming to their house. It's just sad that our country has come to the screeching halt that it has - and times of feeling secure are long gone. What has happened? and why?

I'm not going to focus on that now - because all we can do is pray. I am going to focus on pumping out more Christmas cards because my Etsy shop is selling out quickly. Here is a fun card that I created - don't you just love the colors? Certainly not colors I would have thought to choose for Christmas. I tried to dress it up with some details and I think I achieved the look that I was going for. Hope you like it! Enjoy your week, Cathy xx :)

1 comment:

Thank you for taking a peek and dropping me a line! Your comments are so greatly appreciated and always make my day. Have a wonderful day and keep creating! :)

Total Pageviews